3M™ 5200 Marine Sealant Adhesive is an extremely fast curing, one-part polyurethane that chemically reacts with moisture in order to provide very strong and flexible adhesive bonds when working with wood and fibreglass. Thanks to its polyurethane adhesive it can form watertight and weather-resistant seals that can be applied in working on boating hardware above and below the waterline.
Features of the 3M™ 5200 marine adhesive include the tough yet flexible polyurethane polymer, along with non-shrinking qualities, a non-sagging, fast-curing formula and one-part moisture care.
There are waxes, coatings, sealants, grease, oil, and other contaminants used in the marine industry, making it crucial to clean all surfaces to be bonded before applying 3M™ Marine Adhesive Sealant Fast Cure 5200. Recommended preparation includes cleaning with 3M™ General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner 08984.
Typical bonding and sealing applications include:
- Fibreglass deck to fiberglass hull
- Wood to fibreglass
- Deck fittings
- Trunk joints
- Between struts and planking
- Stern joints and hull planking
- Sealing of some plastics (we recommend you test before assembly), glass and metals
- Structural bonding and sealing of wood, fibreglass, gelcoat, and primed metal