3M™ 5200 Marine Sealant Adhesive is a fast curing, one-part polyurethane that chemically reacts with moisture to deliver strong, flexible bonds with excellent adhesion to wood and fiberglass. It forms watertight, weather-resistant seals on joints and boat hardware, above and below the waterline. In addition, its flexibility allows for dissipation of stress caused by shock, vibration, swelling or shrinking.
Features of the 3M™ 5200 marine adhesive includes the tough yet flexible polyurethane polymer, along with non-shrinking qualities, a non-sagging, fast-curing formula and one-part moisture care.
There are waxes, coatings, sealants, grease, oil, and other contaminants used in the marine industry, making it crucial to clean all surfaces to be bonded before applying 3M™ Marine Adhesive Sealant Fast Cure 5200. Recommended preparation includes cleaning with 3M™ General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner 08984.
Typical bonding and sealing applications include:
- Fiberglass deck to fiberglass hull
- Wood to fiberglass
- Deck fittings
- Trunk joints
- Between struts and planking
- Stern joints and hull planking
- Sealing of some plastics (we recommend you test before assembly), glass and metals
- Structural bonding and sealing of wood, fibreglass, gelcoat, and primed metal