Our 3M™ Super Bond Film Tape 396 offers the thin caliper tensile strength of polyester and high immediate holding strength of rubber adhesive for creating butt splices on low surface energy materials such as polyethylene and other difficult-to-adhere-to surfaces. Often referred to as a single-sided adhesive splicing and core starting tape.
- Polyester backing offers abrasion, chemical and thermal resistance
- Rubber resin adhesive provides aggressive grab to irregular surfaces
- Ideal for use on polyethylene and other low surface energy materials
- Good temperature resistance from 40°F to 200°F
- Often used in butt splicing and core starting applications